Thursday, June 4, 2009

Cutting a swath

My itinerary is coming along nicely. Leg One of the trip is Fort Myers to San Francisco. I need to make this trip in at most twelve days in order to attend wedding festivities on the 27th, and in case of unexpected developments along the way I've planned it so that I'm crossing most of the continent in half that time.

June 13: Set out from Fort Myers, FL. Stay the night in Eustis, FL, just north of Orlando, with Alexandra/moroschino from IRG. Totally gives me a reason to leave the house in the first place! Meals: with Alex; attractions: at Alex's discretion.

June 14: Stay the night near Atlanta, GA, exact location TBA but hopefully with a friend of Alexis, a friend from anime club. Meals and attractions TBA.

June 15: Stay the night near Paducah, KY, at a hotel. Meals and attractions TBA.

June 16: Stay the night in Merriam, KS, just outside Kansas City, with Jacob/Stormcrow from IRG. Another day to look forward to! Meals: Korma Sutra (Indian) or Free State Brewing Co. Attractions: Independence Church, the site of the Second Coming of Christ according to the Latter-Day Saints.

June 17: My birthday! Have lunch with Jacob at Andre's Confiserie. Stay the night near either Hays, KS or Stockton, KS, depending on whether I take the interstate or local roads; it'll be a hotel either way. Dinner and attractions TBA.

June 18: Stay the night in Denver, CO, hopefully with Wiley, a friend from the U of C. Need to get in touch with her. Meals and attractions TBA but plentiful.

From there the itinerary is still very much under construction. The two major choices are whether to get on I-80, taking me through Cheyenne and Salt Lake City en route to the West Coast, or whether to stay on I-70 into southern Utah and take local roads across Nevada. If I really do arrive in Denver on schedule on the 18th, though, I'll have oodles of time to get to San Francisco, so I may do something more radical like cut south through Albuquerque and take the by-all-accounts-gorgeous drive up the California coast. Will make contingency plans.

3 comments:

  1. Should you think you'll be in the L.A. between, say, July 3-7th, let me know. Rob and I are heading out there for vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really sweet, Mylene! Thank you. Sadly, I'll be long past L.A. by that time, but there is a chance I'll be in or near Indianapolis around the 8th or 9th...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully not until the 9th--we won't be flying back until the 8th. ;)

    ReplyDelete