Thursday, June 11, 2009

Tremors

I'm not shaking.

I could be. I'm excited and nervous enough. I'm leaving in a day and a half and it still seems like there's so much left to do. I have to get my checks and credit cards in order, transfer my files to my laptop, pack everything, shave, try to sleep... and I have five hours of work tomorrow that God knows how I'm going to focus on. And when that's all done and I set off at 11:00 AM on Saturday I'll be embarking on a journey of I-don't-know-how-long to I-don't-know-where. I'm scared. But I'm not shaking.

And as long as I'm not shaking my hands can hold a steering wheel.

3 comments:

  1. You're gonna be okay Satyr!! Be brave! *hugs* (Also, is it okay that I commented?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you can comment! :D I've been so surprised and delighted at how much support my little project has been getting from my friends. The obstacles may be the same, but it's heartening to know that people believe in me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! It's okay to be shaky. You're getting out of your comfort zone for god-knows-how-long, but we're behind you. The IRG, at least. I know that it'll be all right.

    Just think of it as an RPG Game, where you'll be traveling and fighting monsters. (In this case, the monsters would be the bags of burritos at the gas station)

    But if you start feeling tired, though, you have to stop driving and find somewhere to rest. Even if it means napping in the parking lot!

    ReplyDelete