Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sluggish

I am exhausted and lightheaded from seven straight hours of driving. I got out the pillow I'll be using this evening to find, when I got it up to my host's room, that there was a slug on it. Now I'm terrified that my whole trunk might have slugs, but I can't know till the morning. I feel petrified! I desperately need sleep and so I won't elaborate, except to say that first thing tomorrow I'll figure out whether I have a problem and then how the hell one deals with slugs in the trunk.

But on the bright side, finding my host, who I'd never met before, was easier than I expected, and he drew me a map showing several breakfast places in the Decatur area. However else I may feel when I set out tomorrow, I won't be malnourished! And the slug, the exhaustion, are part of the adventure. True, I didn't specifically foresee that slugs might be an obstacle on my journey, but I DID foresee that I might encounter unforeseen obstacles, so I give myself credit where credit is due. Must sleep now.

No comments:

Post a Comment