Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Packing list

As of this writing, I've got all the following, mostly ready to go.

- My car. Still unnamed. (I discovered that when she's coasting down from a high speed she makes a subtle noise like a siren or whistle. It's very distinctive. She should have a name that honors that.) Also, car supplies: tire gauge, tire inflator, spare tire, directions, AAA member card, windshield fluid, paper towels, and requisite paperwork proving ownership and insurance.

- Seven or eight changes of clothes; also, a laundry bag and an extra pair of sneakers.

- Sleeping bag and pillow.

- Groceries: plastic silverware, various nonperishable food items like snack mix and canned oranges, a few perishables like bread, cheese, and jam in a cooler with ice packs, and lots of water.

- Toiletries, including medications; also, emergency medical kit, containing various Band-Aids, antiseptics, Tylenol, emergency blanket, etc.

- Six electronic devices and their power supplies and other cables (see last post).

- Small box of surprises.

- Cash, credit cards, and passport (in case I can't resist hitting Vancouver).

- Books; pens and paper.

And I think that about covers it! :D We're close now. If all goes well, in 72 hours I'll be touring Eustis.

3 comments:

  1. Might I suggest a small thing of laundry detergent if it's not already amongst the miscellane?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smart! You just saved me some trouble! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. See you in just a few hours! I hope your first stretch of driving north is pleasant and I'm so excited you'll stay with my family tonight.

    ReplyDelete